Are you in a 20th century or a 21st century law firm? Lawyers produce, review and store massive amounts of paper. It’s time to move your law firm into the 21st century and use technology to not only save your firm money by doing away with the cost of filing and storing paper, but also allow all law firm personnel to access client and internal firm documents in a matter of seconds.
The reasons for storing files digitally should be obvious but here are some of the more important reasons:
- It saves the time and expense of having people file documents in traditional hard copy files.
- It saves the expense and headaches of file storage.
- It saves the expense and time delay of getting documents from closed storage.
- It’s green and doesn’t adversely affect the environment.
- If your building is destroyed or your office vandalized, your documents are safe and not affected (assuming you have a proper backup system).
- With a good document management system attorneys can attach security to every document so that only authorized people can access the document.
- It allows firm lawyers and personnel to have almost instant access to documents.